CECIL B. DeMILLE
Composed and Conducted by
A Special Collectors Limited Edition of 1000 featuring the last score by another legendary American Epic, Elmer Bernstein – composer of THE TEN COMMANDMENTS * THE MAGNIFICENT SEVEN * TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD * THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN ARM * WALK ON THE WILD SIDE * THE GREAT ESCAPE * AIRPLANE! * GHOSTBUSTERS
• CECIL B. DeMILLE: AMERICAN EPIC was a feature documentary about the life and career of one of Hollywood’s great showmen, Cecil B. DeMille, director and producer of 88 films, including THE TEN COMMANDMENTS, THE KING OF KINGS, THE GODLESS GIRL, THE BUCCANEER, SAMSON AND DELILAH, THE PLAINSMAN.
• The documentary was produced by Photoplay Productions, best known for their restorations of such silent film classics as NAPOLEON, BEN-HUR, THE FOUR HORSEMEN OF THE APOCALYPSE, NOSFERATU, THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA.
• Kenneth Branagh narrated the documentary, which featured interviews with, among others, Martin Scorsese, Charlton Heston, Angela Lansbury, Steven Spielberg and Elmer Bernstein, who of course scored DeMille’s ultimate epic, THE TEN COMMANDMENTS.
• CECIL B. DeMILLE: AMERICAN EPIC was the last full score composed by Elmer Bernstein in 2003 before his untimely death the following year.
• Recorded and Performed by the Acclaimed and Award-Winning City of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra Conducted by Elmer Bernstein, the score plays like a “greatest hits” of the style and imagination of such a revered composer.
• Featured Bonus: Concert Suite from THE TEN COMMANMENTS
• Booklet includes personal notes and reminiscences from Peter Bernstein (Elmer’s son), Patrick Stanbury of Photoplay Productions and James Fitzpatrick.
• Released to coincide with the Elmer Bernstein tribute concert on June 18th at the Royal Albert Hall, conducted by Peter Bernstein.
Recording Produced by James Fitzpatrick for Tadlow Music, who contracted the orchestra for Elmer in 2003. Licensed from Photoplay Productions. Music Recorded and Mixed by Chris Dibble and Mastered by Gareth Williams.
1. MAIN TITLES: EPISODE 1 (0:51)
2. A DEATH ECHOES AROUND THE WORLD / CHILDHOOD (4:31)
3. THE SQUAW MAN / INCREDIBLE ENERGY (2:08)
4. KINDLING / THE CHEAT / THE GOLDEN CHANCE (3:34)
5. JOAN THE WOMAN (1:17)
6. LASKY HOME GUARD – “THE THUNDERER” (John Philip Sousa arr. Bernstein) (1:17)
7. THE LITTLE AMERICAN / THE LUSITANIA (1:28)
8. STUNT FLYER / YOUNG BULL (2:40)
9. THE JAZZ AGE / “BY THE BEAUTIFUL SEA” (Carroll/Atteridge arr. Bernstein) / A PRIVATE WORLD (2:03)
10. GLORIA SWANSON / MALE & FEMALE (2:29)
11. BATHROOMS & FASHION / DeMILLE & WOMEN (3:42)
12. CB’s DAYDREAMS (1:54)
13. THE TEN COMMANDMENTS – 1923 (4:20)
14. SORROWS OF SATAN (1:15)
15. THE KING OF KINGS (1:53)
16. THE GODLESS GIRL (2:20)
17. HOLLYWOOD OUTCAST / END TITLES: EPISODE 1 (3:11)
18. MAIN TITLES: EPISODE 2 (0:49)
19. “SONG OF THE VOLGA BOATMEN” (Trad. arr. Bernstein) (0:55)
20. NO HELP WANTED / ATOM BOMB / RED MENACE (4:07)
21. THE DeMILLE FAMILY / HESTON’S CAREER (2:14)
22. HEART ATTACK / A PERSONAL LOSS (2:58)
23. END TITLES: EPISODE 2 (2:41) –
24. THE TEN COMMANDMENTS – 1956 (CONCERT SUITE) (7:54)
Total Time: 63:43
Catalogue Number: TADLOW 025
Release Date: JUNE 14th 2017
For More Information and Mail-Order Enquiries
Please Contact: email@example.com
For Trade Sales Please Contact: Stephen@silvascreen.co.uk